Our two Babies Homes, Fairhavens and Ububele, have had an exciting past few months filled with happy experiences. Lovingly looked after by the crisis moms and caregivers the ten children in our Babies Homes are happy and healthy.
- We celebrated the adoption of one of our little baby boys who was adopted into a Danish family this past quarter. We pray blessings over him and his forever family.
- Our Babies Home is predominantly filled with young babies, which means lots of nappies, baby wipes, vasolines and bum creams are being used up very quickly. The Homes are in desperate need of nappies in size 3 and 4 and baby products that are specially formulated for delicate skin that needs lots of hydration – so vasoline based products.
- Ububele and Fairhavnes have enjoyed many kids’ birthday parties at the homes these past few months. The children have loved playing with new faces and experiencing the joy of birthdays. However, in a decision to safeguard the children from overstimulation, we are now only having one party a month held on the last Saturday of the month. If you would like to have your child’s birthday party at one of our Homes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your party for the month, we’d love to have you!
- Our toddlers recently enjoyed an exciting outing to the animal farm, most of them for the first time. They loved learning about the new animals, what sounds they make and what they feel like.
- Our crisis care mother for Ubulele Babies Home, Precious, passed her driver’s license. As the legal guardian for the six children in her home Precious’ role is to legally represent the children placed in her care – which includes driving to fetch the child from where they are found whether it be the hospital, clinic or police station and driving to court. She also lifts our little six year old to school everyday – a big thank you the Durban North play school that made this happen.